EB-5 Visa Green Card – The Facts
The EB5 Regional Center visa can be one of the fastest ways for you to live in the USA. The EB-5 visa allows permanent resident status (Green Cards) for you, your spouse and unmarried children under 21. With the EB-5 visa you have the option to take a job, run a business or retire and live anywhere in the USA.
As a permanent resident you have access to benefits enjoyed by US citizens such as education and savings on property tax (in some States). Your children attend schools or universities with the same rights as US citizens; life in the USA does not end after they turn 21. Your children have the advantage of job opportunities in the US. Each member of the family may apply for citizenship after holding their green card for five years.
Important Facts about the EB-5 Regional Center Program
A Regional Center is designated by the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Service) as eligible to offer EB-5 projects. Some Regional Centers may lead you to believe that because they have been approved by the Government to offer EB-5 visa programs, they have the Government’s stamp of approval. However, no EB-5 project can be guaranteed according to the current EB-5 law and you should assess each on its own merits.
Remember: Every regional center is in competition to sell you the idea that their business plan is better than anyone’s else’s; they want your money and they carefully paint a picture of all the positive aspects of their regional center project often without making you aware of any negatives.
Which EB5 has spent years researching the growing number of regional centers, visited proven and new centers, and identified key regional centers that may have an appropriate track record, depending on your own priority; we have also identified others that give us significant cause for concern.
Which EB5 are not selling you any regional center. Our goal is to give you all the information and education you need to make the right choice for you. We have a 100% success rate and have advised over 300 families who are now living permanently in the USA.
Which type of EB-5 Regional Center is right for you?
If you qualify (We will tell you what is required) there are three main types of Regional Center projects available to you. If you decide that the EB-5 is your visa of choice the next key decision you may consider important is to select a Regional Center which:
- Protects your capital as much as the law allows
- Has an established record of success with visa applications
- Creates the required number of jobs.
- Does not tie up your capital for longer than necessary
Basic Types of Regional Centers
- Loan Based
- Equity – Active Trading Businesses
- Equity – Property
Your Decision Making Process
EB-5 Visa Costs
- In addition to the minimum capital contribution of $500,000, regional centers charge administration fees that vary from $35,000 to $65,000.
- Legal and government fees vary according to the work involved, typically in a range of $15,000 to $35,000
After your attorney has submitted your application processing takes approximately 6 to 9 months. For planning issues such as schooling, allow 9-12 months between visa application and the issue of your green card. This green card is 'conditional' for two years. Once you have emigrated you must apply to have ‘conditions’ removed from your green card after 1 year and 9 months in the USA. At this stage checks will be made by USCIS to ensure your funds are still "at-risk" and the number of jobs created by the regional center.
United States Citizenship may be obtained after five years.
Important Steps you should take before proceeding with an EB-5 visa application
- If you are not registered with Which EB5 go ahead and do that now, it takes 30 seconds, and you can do that right here.
- Contact our client liaison on (+1) 561-771-1330 with any other questions you may have or to arrange a consultation. Consultations which are free informal question and answer discussions where you can discover everything you want to know about the EB-5 visa program.
- Read our book Green Card via the Red Carpet as well as further information and details of regional center programs that we can supply.